Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I guess my bumper sticker got a reaction

Tonight Andrea, Tommy and I went to see Cars 2. Cars 2 was a very entertaining movie, that was quite enjoyable. I must say I enjoyed the political twist to the movie. Big Oil being portrayed as the evil corporation trying to defeat alternative energy at all cost, appealed to my progressive side quite well. However, the most entertaining part of the night was when Tommy and I got back to the car. Apparently, Andrea saw a interesting bumper sticker placed on my windshield. This bumper sticker was a clever response to my bumper sticker "warning dog bites republicans". The lovely sticker was "repeal obamacare by the american heritage action". First of all, what conservative jackalope is wondering around a movie theater parking lot, with their right wing bumper stickers. It's ridiculous, but entertaining. Second, I wish that nice person could have waited around so we could have talked. I would have loved to hear how requiring working class Americans health benefits to have benefits, yet, benefiting corporations with all the tax breaks and handouts they can get is okay. I really want to hear a constructive argument on that. If anyone can explain to me why corporate welfare is okay, but making sure Americans have health care is unamerican.

No comments:

Post a Comment