Pageviews past week

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Buy American: Lessons from the Kuztown Folk Festival.

Kuztown Folk Festival

Today I am at the Kuztown folk festival with my wife and a  few friends. Walking thru one of the booths a craftsman said something, that resonates deeply in my heart: "everything's made in America here buddy" that is a phrase I wish I could hear more often. Walking around this fair I find a nationalistic urge to shop, grow inside me. These shops represent the trinity for the American economy. The materials are procured in America, manufactured in America and sold in America. No multi national conglomerate benefits; only hard working Americans. These craftsman and workers aren't asking for tax payer subsidies, just tax payer support. When you buy American, you support the American economy threefold. Remember that when you see that little gold sticker that says "made in china".

No comments:

Post a Comment