Pageviews past week

Friday, August 26, 2011

NCL and the high price for contacting your family on cruises.

With Hurricane Irene making her way north, causing many states to issue "state of emergencies", NYC planning on shutting down transit, many agencies and businesses are preparing for the storm. While I write this issue my parents are returning home on the Norwegian Gem. The Norwegian Gem, a NCL cruise ship. They left on their cruise on sunday to Bermuda and are due back this Sunday, when the hurricane is supposed to set down in the NY area. 
Being concerned about my parents, my wife and then I called NCL. I called them because I was shocked what they told my wife. According to both customer service agents there is no information on the storm, but it will be updated. I can check the webpage to keep track, however, to contact my parents to make plans or any ship personnel for more information they need a major credit card and will charge me 7.95 a min. 7.95 a min to check on my parents, or to even leave a message. I'm not trying to call a sex line, I'm trying to prepare to pick my parents up in a hurricane after they probably spent around 3000 dollars on their cruise. Now they want just 7.95 a min, so I can prepare to pick them up. New York and New Jersey are considering closing roads, I might not be able to get to the port to pick them up, but for 7.95 a min I can prepare my parents.

In response to NCL's callous milk em dry approach to storm preparedness, I wrote a email to the Ed schultz show, left a tip at the ny daily news city tip desk, left a comment on the thomm Hartmann comment line, submitted a tip to thinkprogress and now I am writing my piece. I understand economics and business theory, however, I don't understand why they need to make a profit over this as well. Does human decency ever take the front seat to profit?.

Well you can help me, and progressmo shuffle tell NCL to waive this ridiculous 7.95 a min fee. Call NCL and say " let people get in touch with their loved ones, don't exploit the situation at 7.95 a min. 

Thank you for following progressmo shuffle, be safe during the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment